View My Stats

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Message from Ron Nirenberg for Veteran's Day, 11-12

San Antonio has taught me a special lesson in honoring our nation's veterans. According to the U.S. Census, nearly one out of every ten San Antonians is a veteran, in addition to roughly 30,000 active duty military personnel. There is not a day that goes by in which we don't have an opportunity to say "thank you" to our neighbors who serve. That is a special privilege of living in this city.
 
Today, I'm thinking about my college friend, Chris Victoria, who was commissioned after we graduated from Trinity University. He served a tour in Iraq, along with various missions related to the Global War on Terrorism, then returned home to help raise his family in 2004. He's now training new recruits for the Air Force in upstate New York. Thanks for all you do, Chris.
 
And I join you in thanking all of our active and retired military here and afar this Veterans Day. When I flip through the newspaper and see pictures of wounded warriors rehabilitating at the Center for the Intrepid at Brooke Army Medical Center, it makes me proud to live in Military City USA, where every soldier has a homecoming.

 
Enjoy your Veterans Day,

No comments: