View My Stats

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Atty. Tina Torres announces run for 288th District Court


Tina Torres (photo)
288th District Court candidate

Dear Friends --

As some of you are aware, I've decided to run for the 288th Judicial District Court in 2010. This seat is a civil district court bench recently filled by Governor Perry after Judge Lori Massey resigned her position late last year. Because the judgeship is an elected position, I firmly believe that the citizens of our County should have a choice in who holds this public office.

At this time, I am the only opposition to the bench filled by Governor Perry's appointee.The election of our government by the people is the foundation of our Democracy, and the role of a District Court Judge is an extremely important one.

I believe that a Judge should have broad trial experience, a devout commitment to justice, and that he or she should be a leader not only in the courtroom but in the community. I have the experience, the leadership, and the commitment that make me an ideal candidate for this position.

Pilar Coolinta said, "The mind determines what is possible, and the heart surpasses it." It is with great determination and much heart that I begin my campaign and ask for your support. Please click on the link below if you'd like to learn more about my background and the qualities I feel I will bring to the bench.
Please note, too, that we are working on a website and gathering information for our database. If you would like to be excluded from future communications, kindly let me know.

Thank you!--Tina Torres

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOb_V3QSTNs

No comments: