View My Stats

Monday, January 05, 2009

The Real Republican history of Joe Straus, speaker candidate


Joe Solis (photo)
Publisher/Editor
South Texas Republican Newsletter

There is something in his D.N.A. Yes, it is in the blood of the man.

How do I know? I read history. Let me share some with you.

“John Tower was at our house for dinner. He called and asked for a meeting. He wanted a meeting of four or five of us. He wanted to talk about his future.

“First thing I did was have an event for him at our house. I started with the hard people first. I invited the conservative Democrats - the Louis Stumbergs and the Woodward Altgelts - the people that wouldn’t come to Tower because he’s the father of the Republican Party of Texas.

“We had 12 or 18 conservative Democrat leaders in our living room. I left the room and I let the men - it was all men there, good old boys - sit and talk about how he envisioned his upcoming campaign.”

-Joci Straus, mother of State Rep. Joe Straus.

Click the link for the rest of the story.

No comments: