View My Stats

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Le Lowry declares his candidacy for NEISD Board Member


Le Lowry (photo)
NEISD Board candidate, Place 1

As you may know I am a candidate for a seat on the North East ISD Board of Trustees District 1. District 1 encompasses Churchill High School and parts of Lee High School and the area elementary and middle schools that feed into them.

I am a college student at San Antonio College and currently work at a Starbucks Coffee as a barista. I also own a small business that promotes the creative arts as well. I have lived in San Antonio since 1993 since my family retired from the military, all of it in the North East ISD where I currently serve as a Representative of the Poor on the Community Action Advisory Board, which helps oversee the City of San Antonio's Department of Community Initiatives as well as advise the city and county on poverty issues.

I also serve on the Volunteer Service Council of the San Antonio State School and the Executive Board of Directors of San Antonio Independent Living Service.I made the decision to run for the NEISD school board because of a strong commitment I have to both community service and education. I have worked in public schools previously and am currently working my way through college with the goal of being a special education teacher.

I believe that serving on this school board is the right thing to do for students and the community as a whole. I believe the greatest issue facing the school board is the need to better communicate with the entire community in order to build a collaborative effort throughout the community in educating students and making, implementing, and maintaining school district policies.

A community that works together is the best resource students will have in their education.If there are any questions about my campaign please feel free to call or email me as well as visit my website.

I am also hosting a conversation, April 12th from noon-9 a.m.-11 a.m. @ La Taza Coffee House, 15060 San Pedro.

Thank you,
LĂȘ Lowry
210.287.7214
http://lelowry@gmail.comlelowry.com

No comments: