View My Stats

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Message from Dist. 35 Congressional candidate Sylvia Romo

Throughout my life, I have never taken the easy way and I have never shied away from a fight. That tenacity and desire to do something has led me down the extraordinary path on which I've traveled and I have done so with no regrets. When I announced my run for Congress last November, I was excited by the support of so many and the challenge of running in a newly created district. As the district changed due to Republican manipulation, it became clear that this would not be the race I'd originally anticipated. Still, I listened to my supporters and rose to the challenge. I am proud of the race we ran together and would not alter anything.

When I called Congressman Lloyd Doggett last night to congratulate him on his victory, I offered my support to him in November. I now ask you to make the same commitment. While this district is considered by many to be safely Democratic, we can leave nothing to chance as the issues the new Congress will face in January, 2013 are going to effect us all for generations. We need real leadership in Congress, not ideological lunacy.

I am satisfied by the results of the election. Neither Congressman Doggett nor I left anything on the field and we both fought with passion for what we believed. Now, that fight is over and it's time for us to come together to support our nominee.

Thank you for your generous support of my campaign and your courage in working to make South and Central Texas a better place.

In Unity,


/ssr/

Sylvia S. Romo

No comments: