View My Stats

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Judicial candidate Gabe Quintanilla shares his resume


Gabe Quintanilla (photo)
Judical candidate

I was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. I attended Robert E. Lee High School and graduated in 1975. I received my BA in Goverment from the University of Texas at Austin and my law degree from UT at Austin in 1983.

Over the past 26 years, I have enjoyed a wide variety of experiences in my legal endeavors. In 1984, I was hired by the Texas Attorney General's Office and was assigned to the Criminal Law Enforcement Division. From 1984-1988, I had litigated at all levels of both state and federal court, including the Texas Supreme Court and the United States Supreme Court. I returned to San Antonio in 1988 and held the position of Assistant District Attorney until 1990.

During my stint in the DA"s office, I was assigned to numerous divisions, including the Family Violence Unit, where I both prosecuted criminal cases and obtained Protective Orders on behalf of women and children.In 1992, I was appointed to a full time position of Judge by the City of San Antonio.

I held that position for two years.Since 1994, I have owned and operated the Law Office of Gabe Quintanilla, where I handle both criminal and civil matters. I also work parttime for the City of San Antonio as a Judge.In 1995, I was elected as Trustee for the North East Independent School. From 1995-2005, I represented the southern portion of NEISD and advocated for the reconstruction and refurbishment of the schools in that location. In 2000, I was elected as Chairman of the Bexar County Democratic Party.

I held that position for four years and helped raise more money for the Bexar County Democratic Party and local candidates than anyone else in recent memory. During my political career from 2000 to 2004, I have been interviewed and quoted by local, state and national media, including the New York Times, the Washington Post, the CBS Evening News, ABC, NBC and various cable programs including, but not limited to, the Dan Abrams Report.

No comments: