View My Stats

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Helotes Republican declares his candidacy for the 2008 Congressional District 23 seat won by Ciro Rodriguez




Jim McGrody, (photo) publisher of Plaintalk from the Texas Hill Country, an internet newsletter, unofficially declared his candidacy, December 14th, for the Republican Primary in 2008 to challenge newly elected Congressman Ciro Rodriguez.



His statement in his newsletter is as follows:



My Candidacy!
For the past two months, as Publisher of Plaintalk from the Texas Hill Country, I have been commenting on the Texas Congressional District 23 Runoff Election. Well, that contest is over and the inexorable tug of the "everyday" pulls at us and so we move on.


In my blog post yesterday, I hinted at my intention to seek the nomination for this Congressional seat in the March 2008 Republican Primary Elections.


Well, I plan to formally announce my candidacy sometime after the New Year. In the meantime, I will be crafting my Campaign theme and my overall Campaign goals, strategies and tactics.


I intend to use the medium of the Internet as a critical aspect of my Campaign and will be incorporating a weekly newsletter as a key Campaign communication tool. Those who are currently receiving the Plaintalk Newsletter will automatically be subscribed to receive the free Congressional Campaign Newsletter.


Once the Congressional Campaign kicks off, I encourage all of you to take the time to peruse my Campaign Newsletters to learn more about me and my Campaign goals and strategies. Additionally, the Campaign Newsletter will focus on the major issues of the day and will detail my position on those critical issues.


As I move forward on this exciting yet challenging quest (my kids caution me not to spend their inheritance), I can only guarantee you that my journey will be positive, issues-based, ethical and respectful.


For now, I wish all of you a most happy holiday season!

No comments: