View My Stats

Monday, December 18, 2006

Hillary says decision near on a run for President


Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton (photo)

Exerpt from article by Beth Fouhy, Associated Press

New York — Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton offered the broadest indication yet that she was close to a decision on whether to enter the 2008 Democratic presidential field.

"I want to make sure the decision is right for me, my family, my party and my country," Clinton said during an interview on NBC's "The Today Show." She appeared on the show to promote the rerelease of her best-selling book on child rearing, "It Takes a Village."

The former first lady said she knew more than any other potential candidate how hard it was to be president. "I saw it in an up close and personal way for eight years," she said.

Clinton's comments on the presidential race were her most expansive since winning re-election to the Senate from New York last month. Since then, she has been contacting potential supporters in states with key early states like Iowa and New Hampshire but has said very little about her plans.

No comments: