View My Stats

Monday, June 12, 2017

SA Mayor Ivy Taylor "thank you note" to all her supporters, 6-11

It has been one of the greatest honors of my life to serve as Mayor of the City of San Antonio for the past three years and as District 2 Councilwoman for five years prior.
Together we accomplished so much. We passed the largest bond in our City's history, $850 million with no tax rate increase. For the first time in 40 years, we approved a city-wide comprehensive plan, SA Tomorrow. We added thousands of new jobs in high-demand areas like information technology, cyber security and health. We effectively ended Veteran homelessness. We helped secure our water future with passage of the Vista Ridge pipeline project. We welcomed ridesharing companies like Uber and Lyft. And we did so much more that I am very proud of.

Although yesterday's election did not end the way we'd hoped, I am reminded of Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
My biggest hope is for San Antonio to continue being a globally competitive city where every resident is connected to opportunities for prosperity.

I'm not sure what the future holds for me, but I do know that I will always look for ways to serve the city that has given me so much.
Morgan, Rodney and I thank you for all the love, support, and words of encouragement.
May God bless you and God bless San Antonio.
Mayor Ivy R. Taylor

No comments: