View My Stats

Friday, November 18, 2016

Senator Uresti's 20th Annual Christmas Party/Toy Drive, 12-1

Illeana & Senator Carlos Uresti
Each year I have the opportunity to bring together community leaders and the incredibly generous constituents of SD19 to host a large toy drive in San Antonio.
        With the toys collected my staff and I dress up in costume to carry out the duties of “Senator Santa” and distribute toys to less fortunate children across SD19.  This is the number one most rewarding duty I perform as Senator.
        Unfortunately, I do not have a workshop to produce the toys. I rely on the generosity of the Texans who attend my 20th Annual District 19 Christmas Party and Toy Drive — an opportunity to put some joy into the holiday season for children in Senate District 19.
        Santa will be on hand for pictures and I hope you, your friends, neighbors, and co-workers will come enjoy the music, door prizes, and a full Christmas dinner. 
        Be sure to wear something festive and bring unwrapped toys appropriate for infants or children through age 14. We are always in need of gifts for kids in the 1 to 5 age range. 
        The holiday season is the most special time of the year, and it can be even more special if you'll help me make sure that a child in need won't go without a gift this year.
 Thursday, December 1st
6-10 p.m.
VFW Post 9186
650 VFW Blvd
San Antonio, Texas
RSVP: To RSVP, click here or call 210-932-2568.

No comments: