View My Stats

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thank You Message from Cong. candidate Lyle Larson


Lyle Larson (photo)

Thank you to everyone who helped our campaign over the last 12 months. Last Tuesday was a very difficult night for me and for all of you who worked hard to get out my position on the issues facing our country.

We always spoke with clarity and truthfulness and I am proud how we conducted our campaign in the midst of some tough challenges. The "Obama" wave definitely played a significant role in the outcome of our election by getting an unprecedented number of straight-ticket Democratic voters out.

I enjoyed traveling over the large diverse district from Alpine to Fort Davis to Del Rio and Eagle Pass along the border. We met a lot of great people and made many new friends in our travels and were enriched by all of the support and kindness folks gave us. I now plan to take the next couple of months to determine if the pursuit of another public office is in my future.

If it is, then you can count on my campaign to be based on the benefit of truth and the strengths I bring to the table as a public servant and policy maker. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to serve the folks of Bexar County for the past 16 years.

We have accomplished a great deal together. Your confidence and support will always be remembered and appreciated, and will no doubt serve me well in the next phase of my career and life. Hope you all have a great holiday season and that 2009 is your best ever!

Sincerely,

Lyle

No comments: