View My Stats

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Texas Secretary of State to step down effective July 6th


Austin – Secretary of State Phil Wilson (photo) announced today he will be stepping down to pursue other opportunities. Wilson’s last day in office will July 6th.

"I have been honored to serve in this role for the people of Texas and am proud of the accomplishments we achieved during our time in office; overseeing the largest primary in Texas history, being part of bringing thousands of new jobs to Texas, and investing in our states future employers and technologies."

Wilson has served as Chair of the Governor's Competitiveness Council and on the Border Security Council, and led the state's efforts in economic development by serving as the Governor's designee on the Texas Enterprise Fund and Emerging Technology Fund.

"I want to thank Governor Perry for the opportunity he has given me and thank my tremendous staff,” Wilson added. “I know that the success we have had will continue."

Reprinted from Texas Insider.org

No comments: