View My Stats

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Message from Texas State Board Member Ken Mercer


Ken Mercer (photo)
State Board of Education Member

My dear friends,

I needed to quickly send out this message.

The Mercers just returned from eleven days of visiting family in Puerto Rico. We had extremely limited access to email or phone messages. I found 436 emails and 37 phone messages.

My daughter. Sarah, who is a page, and I were looking forward to the 2008 RPT Convention.

I have some bad news that just got worse.

I had a very bad fall at the Rain Forest (El Yunque) in Puerto Rico. It began raining and did not stop for the two hours of our hike in the mountains.

Near the end while, checking on the safety of other hikers in our group, I fell on the rocks from path of the main waterfall - severely injuring my ribs (contusions) and back.

I still remember my back cracking and Rosy screaming. Rosy says I always watch out for everyone else - but forget to look out for Ken.

However, I still was planing on somehow driving (refer my picture under the word "stubborn" in the dictionary) up to Houston for the RPT Convention . You see I had major nomination speeches for three of our Pro-Family Pro-Life friends.

Then we came home, opened the front door, and found our kitchen flooded.

The water damage is severe. We am right now waiting for an emergency plumber and electrician (the water damaged our alarm system and downstairs lighting).

We will all four be sleeping upstairs in one room for several days. My beautiful daughters call it "camping out." God bless by babies.

I have so many great testimonies and stories regarding Puerto Rico. I will not be able to share these with you in Houston.

I feel like I will be letting a lot of great friends down. But you need to know -- Sarah and I will not be able to attend the RPT Convention.

Sincerely,

Ken Mercer
Member: Texas State Board of Education

No comments: