View My Stats

Monday, June 22, 2015

Phil Cortez to seek to recapture House District 117 St. Rep. Seat

   
When you elected me as your State Representative in 2012, I made a promise to you. I promised that I would fight to improve our schools, create high paying jobs in our community, and support our veterans and senior citizens. During my time in the legislature, I worked hard to keep that promise to you. I successfully fought to restore over $4 billion in school funding, worked to support Port San Antonio, and made it easier for returning veterans to find jobs.

Even with all the things I was able to accomplish, I still asked myself the same question that first came to me when I was deciding to run: What can I do at the Capitol to improve District 117?

To me the answer is the same it was when I joined the Air Force, when I served on the San Antonio City Council, and when I was sworn in to represent the 117th District in the legislature. I will work tirelessly to make life better for each and every resident of our community, and ensure that the opportunities I was given to succeed are available to all.

I want to return to the legislature to continue my work, but I can't do it alone. I ask for your support so that we can work to build a stronger community. 

No comments: