View My Stats

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A message from Dinorah Diaz, judicial candidate

Friends:

When I attended the Women's Campaign School at Yale, I had the fine privilege of meeting some extraordinary women from all over the world. In keeping with my promise that I made to one of these women, Dr. Anne Itto Leonardo, I am sharing with you her passion for democracy.


Anne shared with me that there had not been an election in her country for 23 years. She could not understand, nor do I, why there are so many U.S. Citizens that do not assert their right to be heard by casting their vote when she had been denied to do so for most of her life. I made a promise to Anne that in my campaign, I would share her story and remind all of those of the Right to Vote and to elect those individuals whom we think would be best to serve our community.

Early voting has started here in San Antonio, Bexar County. The times and locations are listed below. We have ten straight days of voting. There is no reason not to vote. So get out there & vote.

Please show your support by voting for me, although unopposed, in the Democratic primary. Cherish your right to vote and remember all those in other countries who do not have the right to vote. Think of Anne and her passion for Democracy. I will when I vote.

Sincerely,

Dinorah Diaz
Dinorah Diaz
for 187th District Judge

P.S. I am proud to say that Dr. Anne Itto Leonardi was one of the people involved in ensuring that the people of Sudan be given the opportunity to vote in the upcoming election in April, 2010. Click
Here to Learn More about Dr. Anne Itto Leonardo and her work with the Sudan People's Liberation Movement as Deptuy Secretary General.

No comments: