View My Stats

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Early voting begins today-Dr. Michael Soto for SBOE, 3

Dear Friends,


Early voting begins today for the March 2nd primary election.Although I do not face an opponent in the Democratic Party primary, I ask for your vote and for your support in the State Board of Education District 3 race to help build momentum leading up to the general election in November, when I'll face stiff competition from multiple opponents.

I've already been visiting with parents and teachers and concerned citizens from throughout the 13-county district, and I pledge to build strong ties throughout South Texas and across the state so that we can move Texas schools forward.The State Board of Education plays a crucial role in preparing Texas students and schools for twenty-first century opportunities.

For too long the State Board has shirked its obligations to Texas families by playing politics with our kids' futures. I'll make sure that the State Board gets back to the serious business of preparing our kids for success in college and in their careers.I urge you to visit my website to learn more about this important race and how you might get involved by joining the campaign Facebook group, by making a financial contribution, or by signing up as a volunteer.

And I ask you to forward this message to five friends who care about Texas schools.Together, we'll put Texas kids first. Thank you for your support.

No comments: