View My Stats

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Justice of the Peace #2 candidate says "thanks" to supporters


JP2 candidate Steve Walker & Frank Herrera (photo)

To all my supporters who turned out last night to celebrate my 62nd birthday and contribute to my campaign for Justice of the Peace, Pct. 2, Pl. 1 I say "thank you." A number of you expressed regret in being unable to attend due to conflicting activities. I understand.

A number of supporters expressed committments to pre-arranged family gatherings and activities and even work schedules. As a grandfather of two granddaughters & two grandsons, I understand only too well that family comes first. That is the way it should be.

As your next Justice of the Peace, I am committed to working with families to ensure that their children are committed to staying in school to get that much needed education to be able to obtain decent paying jobs and a better quality of life.

As a retired teacher with 26 years in the classroom and 30 years military background and eight years of elected office as a local Councilman, I have the experience to make the hard decisions. I am that well qualified individual who can "make a difference" in young people's lives.

For those of you who wish to still contribute to my campaign, you may send a check to:
Steve Walker for Justice of the Peace
112 Leisure Drive
Balcones Heights, Texas 78201

Thanks again for making the fundraiser at Frank Herrera's house, a successful one.

Steve Walker
Justice of the Peace, Pct. 2, Pl. 1 candidate
Former Balcones Heights Councilman
Walker Report Publisher/Editor

No comments: