View My Stats

Monday, April 07, 2008

Andy Lopez endorsed by Law Enforcement Officers Union


Andy Lopez (photo) Endorsed By Law Enforcement, Community Leaders
Victory Celebration At Hot Tin Roof Restaurant & Bar Tuesday at 8 p.m.

Democrat Andy Lopez, candidate for Bexar County Sheriff, has earned the endorsement of former Sheriff’s candidate Carl Barella, Balcones Heights Police Chief W.E. Stannard, Kirby Police Officers, and anti-crime leader Lillie Wilson Harris.

Barella, a former deputy at the Sheriff’s Department and now a reserve officer with the Balcones Heights Police Department stated, “The most honest person I know in this race would be Andy Lopez and he will definitely be receiving my vote. I am endorsing Andy to help give him an edge and we’re here to back him up—I’m getting nothing in return. He is honest, professional, and I feel he deserves a shot at Sheriff. I want to help him the best I can and would like everyone who voted for me to vote for Andy Lopez. He has the experience at the County, he has not been in the SAPD, he is a true County man and that is what the Sheriff’s Department needs.”

Lopez picked up another valuable ally in the northwest part of the county with the endorsement of Bill Stannard, police chief of Balcones Heights Police Department. Stannard explained, “I’ve known Andy Lopez for 40 years. He and I began in the Sheriff’s academy in 1968 and I’ve known Andy ever since then. I’ve worked with him side by side in districts and I think he is an extremely ethical person. His job knowledge is unquestionable and I think he will add the welcome change the department needs.”

On the opposite end of the county, Lopez has been highlighting an endorsement by eastside leader, Lillie Wilson Harris, who worked with Lopez in the 1990s to get gang members to quit gangs and lower crime in the northeast and eastern areas of the county due to community-centered policing. To see the commercial visit http://youtube.com/watch?v=jpaC9p90pb0&feature=related

Lopez is inviting supporters to his victory celebration at the Hot Tin Roof Restaurant and Bar, 7710 IH-10 West (next to the Northwest 14 Movie Theater) at 8 p.m. to watch election returns. Interviews are available upon request.

No comments: