View My Stats

Monday, July 17, 2006

Chris Bell's "Think Big" ads to air across the state


Chris Bell, Democratic nominee for Governor (photo)

AUSTIN--Democratic gubernatorial nominee Chris Bell today unveiled a statewide television advertising campaign with “Think Big,” an ad that features Bell’s call for a “moon shot” for public education to build the best public school system in the country within 10 years.

Media consultant Neil Kammerman of The Fenn Communications Group in Washington, DC directed “Think Big,” which begins airing across Texas on Tuesday.

“In Texas, we think big. But we need to dream bigger, with a New Texas Revolution for our schools,” said Bell in “Think Big.”

“Preparing our kids for college should be more important than teaching them to take standardized tests.

“I’m calling for a ‘moon shot’ to make our public schools the best in the nation over the next 10 years. And with Texas leading the way, businesses will move here and hire our children. And that means our kids will have a future that’s as big as Texas.”

Bell also announced the results of a successful fundraising period. Over the first half of the year, the Bell campaign has raised $1,632,717.96, including $1,312,467.89 in the recently completed reporting period.

This brings Bell’s fundraising since the beginning of 2005 to $2,143,293.29. The campaign ended the reporting period with $654,501.62 on hand.

“We’ve really turned the corner on fundraising, said Bell. “As the Democratic nominee with the full support of the Texas AFL-CIO and the Texas Democratic Party, I have a statewide infrastructure that independent candidates couldn’t match with $50 million.

"I don’t need to raise as much as Rick Perry. I just need to raise enough to get my message out, and going up on statewide television shows that we’re doing that.”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

I did notice that I wrote on the same subject as you. I am still learning how to link articles together but I do include a link to this blog on my blog. Hopefully that is a start.

Also I should also note that the site has a lot of comment spam. I have forgotten how but there is a way in the Blogger Dashboard to take care of this.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interestedhttp://indexmachine.info/2777.html or http://google-machine.info/1624.html and http://indexmachine.info/3218.html