View My Stats

Thursday, June 07, 2012

Ken Mireles endorses Tina Torres for State Rep. Dist. 117


Tina


Former Opponents Come Together As Ken Mireles Endorses Tina Torres For State House
Mireles says Torres is the best candidate to win in November

(San Antonio) – Ken Mireles, who came in a very close third, but missed the runoff for
HD 117, has endorsed Tina Torres.

“I am honored to have Ken's support and guidance in the coming months as we
share the same goals,” said Torres. “Together we garnered 65% of the vote in the primary and by combining forces I know we will win the run-off and head into the
fall in a strong position.”

“My campaign was focused on the big challenges facing our state and the  people of District 117, and I am grateful to those who supported our effort,  said Ken Mireles.
While I am no longer a candidate, I continue to care deeply about this
community and want to do my part to ensure that we elect a representative
who shares our values and will be accountable and responsive to the  people
of District 117.

So, today, I am pleased to endorse Tina Torres.“I am endorsing Tina because  I know
she will stand up for our values.

She is best the candidate to fight for the priorities I set forward during
my campaign: building strong public schools, increasing access to higher  education,
and expanding economic opportunity. I encourage my supporters  to back
Tina Torres in the July 31 run-off," said Ken Mireles.

No comments: