View My Stats

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Michael Williams running for Congress out of Ft. Worth


Michael Williams (photo)

For several months now, I had the honor of running a campaign for the United States Senate. We have had many successes, despite a growing field of good Republican candidates.

But as I told my friends at the Tarrant County Republican Party Ronald Reagan Dinner on Friday night, I have recently decided to transition our campaign to a race for U.S. Congress.

Donna and I have lived in Arlington, Texas for nearly twenty years since returning home from Washington after working for Presidents Reagan and Bush. Our home has been drawn into one of the four new congressional districts, CD33. The district is anchored by Arlington and includes Parker County, and parts of Wise and Tarrant counties. My parents live here as does Donna’s mother. We love Arlington and are proud to call it home. And I hope to have the opportunity to represent my family and neighbors in Congress.

We have a big job to do. Our mission as conservatives is to lead the revival of the American dream—to rekindle our belief in American exceptionalism. And I look forward to leading this revival with you. With the current growth in government, that will be no small task. But I am optimistic that Americans will rise to the challenge to help this great nation shine brightly on that hill.

We need the courage to cut government spending and balance the budget; to cut taxes for all Americans to spur job growth; to secure our borders; and to finally create a real national energy plan. And it is time for a conservative empowerment agenda for the uplift of the poor and vulnerable.

The growth of the public sector doesn’t create jobs, but erects barriers to the American dream that is promised to all who are willing to pursue it. We must tear down those walls to the American dream so all who seek life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness can make their dreams come true.

Throughout my career, beginning as a foot soldier in the Reagan Revolution, I have earned the reputation as a consistent, constitutional conservative with the courage to stand up to Obama, Reid, Pelosi and their fellow Washington liberals and, if necessary, my own Party. And I will work to keep that reputation as a member of Congress.

You have stood with me throughout the years and I hope I can count on you again. Will you join my campaign for Congress by signing up online and making a secure online contribution today? In only a week, we have been able to secure over $250,000 in contributions and pledges…and we’re just getting started. I am grateful for the overwhelming early support. I hope you will join us as well.

Thank you in advance.

Michael Williams

http://www.williamsfortexas.com/posts/im-running-for-congress

No comments: