View My Stats

Sunday, May 23, 2010

State Rep. Villarreal on Geraldo Rivera tonite (Sunday) @ 9 p.m.


L-R: State Rep. Mike Villarreal

Dear Friends,

I would like to invite you to tune in to Fox News Sunday at 9:00 pm central time as I appear on Geraldo at Large to discuss the State Board of Education. (SBOE) On Friday night the Board ignored the work of classroom teachers, historians and other college educators when they approved controversial new social studies standards.

This week I delivered to the Board a petition with signatures from over 100 Texas cities urging SBOE members to put our children's education before their own personal ideological agendas. I appreciate that so many of you supported this effort.

Polls show that four out of every five parents in Texas want teachers and academic experts - rather than politicians - to write our children's textbooks and education standards. I agree with them.

We cannot afford these distractions if we are going to create a learning environment that develops our children into creative, can-do people ready to live in a globally competitive world.

Sincerely,-
Mike Villarreal
State Rep.

No comments: