View My Stats

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Lourdes Galvan says, "thank you" to the voters


Lourdes Galvan
District 5 Councilwoman-Elect
& husband Bobby


Dear Friends and Supporters,

When I started this race I never imagine how wonderful it would be to meet so many new friends and experience the warmth of the overwhelming support that has joined our campaign. Ours has always been a struggle for respect as a district.

The many years of working in the trenches to make things better is what I bring to the Council table. Thank you all for recognizing my challenge and vision for District 5. I am a consensus builder, a tenacious supporter for human rights, but I am tempered by the realities of getting things done.

Calm, deliberate, planning and persistence provides the best change. I will work to make things better like I have always done. With all my heart I thank all the loyal and determined souls that have stood the rigors of our campaign and now this run off.

Together, we will see that glow of achievement and progress thriving in District 5. With your help we knocked on thousands of doors, made hundreds of phone calls, stepped out to many meetings and forums, and oh yes, countless coffees, lunches, and back yard parties. Your constant prayers, support and encouragement will never be forgotten.

My neighborhood leaders and their belief in me made this campaign possible. Thank You seems so small but I say it with true humility and it is heartfelt.

To my husband Bobby Galvan, ex-husband Henry Rodriguez and family you were the wind beneath my wings. I thank you. To my campaign leaders, Gabe Salazar and Alice Guerra. Well done!

To my many loyal friends and campaign volunteers you made this happen. You carried the load and you kept me going. Gracias de puro corazon! Join us tonight as we celebrate our work and the future together.

Lourdes Galvan
Councilwoman-Elect, District 5

No comments: