View My Stats

Saturday, June 24, 2006

A message from Barbie Scharf-Zeldes




By Barbie Scharf-Zeldes
Candidate for Probate Court #2

Over the next few months, I want to elevate the level of constructive debate about Probate Court #2 and engage you like never before about why we need a competent judge who works for our families.

It has been my honor to represent the members and families of the San Antonio Firefighters and Police Officers in probate court and I will continue to protect your rights and your families when elected to Probate Court #2 as I have done for hundreds of families in Bexar County. We can't wait any longer.

My task over the course of this campaign will be to engage everyone who will listen about why this election is so very important to generations of families and our neighborhoods. My role will be to give a fresh perspective to issues affecting everyday working men and working women, as well as the families that they are a part of. My goal will be to build coalitions across racial, religious and ethnic lines and gain from you a deeper understanding of what you want to see in Probate Court #2.

Public service is a calling that is greater than oneself. The moment a politician loses sight of that, it is time for them to go. But you are the ones who control the destiny of our families. It is your community, your choice, and your future. I can’t be bought, I won’t be intimidated and I don’t know how to quit.

I’m not looking for fame, to get wealthy off of tax payers by collecting a big pension, and I have no need to be validated. I want to go to Probate Court #2 to make a real difference on behalf of the people of Bexar County. And so it is with great pride and deep humility that I ask for your vote to restore competence, integrity, and bring a spirit of public service that puts our families first. Please tell your friends and families about this vision, and our website. And please consider the many ways that you can support a competent judge who works for our families.”

No comments: