View My Stats

Wednesday, August 01, 2018

A word from St. Rep. Tomas Uresti candidate for Texas Senate D.19


I want to thank my family for the encouragement and support they provided as I traveled throughout the district visiting with hard working families across West Texas. Above all I want to thank all the dedicated men and women who made time to vote. 
In each community I visited I heard time and time again about the need for strong support of their children and the need for quality education.    
I look forward to continue to share my thoughts, ideas, and goals but more importantly am looking to hear more thoughts, recommendations, and suggestions from those in the district on how we can make our district more prosperous from everyone.
At end of the day we saw that negative campaigns and lies were not what the voters wanted for Senate District 19.  We ran a positive campaign and will continue to run campaigns about issues that impact the citizens of Texas.
I believe the Governor calling an emergency special election for district 19th in the middle of summer made it very challenging for constituents across West Texas to participate in their representative democracy. 
This is reflected in the relatively small turnout.  With a Senate district larger than 10 states and 50 countries, coupled with an extremely short election cycle, engaging with communities and encouraging them to vote was made much more challenging.  
Regardless I am thankful for the time I was able to spend with so many dynamic individuals and believe we will still have a role to play in the future.
  
Tomas Uresti
State Representative District 118

No comments: