View My Stats

Friday, July 18, 2014

Actor Jesse Borrego (Fame) interviews with TalkNowSA 7-18

 
 
 
  
 
L-R: Walker Report Editor & former Judge Steve Walker with actor Jesse Borrego, Jesse Borrego on set with movie Producer Yolanda Ayala, with interviewer Jacqui Hill subbing for Chris Duel, with  studio proprietor Albert Hill, Jacqui Hill with Jess Borrego
 
Coincidentally I wrote about Jesse last week in  my Sunday column in La Prensa referencing local performers who are well known.

Here is an excerpt.

"Take for example the homegrown actor Jesse Borrego. You might remember him as Jesse Velesquez from the TV series “Fame,” based on the movie of the same name. I did and actually watched the series in the 80s. It was one of my favorite shows back then.

"Born and raised in San Antonio, he attended Harlandale High School and studied theatre and dance at The University of Incarnate Word. He went on to study acting at the California Institute of the Arts. From there he turned to the stage appearing in productions in New York & California.

"In addition to stage he appeared in films such as "Blood In, Blood Out" and "Follow Me Home.” Then in 1990 he began Lupita Productions. With Lupita he has produced theatrical productions and concerts. A few years ago he produced a film for the Cannes Film Festival and I was invited to the King William area location to shoot photos while he was making his film short.

"I was allowed to talk to some of his actors between breaks and get their take on the movie. I was also privileged to meet his then recent wife at the time. Since then I have crossed paths many times at various functions to include his riding in the King William Parade during Fiesta."

No comments: