View My Stats

Monday, December 31, 2012

Message from Justice of the Peace (Pct. 2) Steve Walker

Judge Steve Walker with Dallas Cowboy Hall of Famer Drew Pearson
with Super Bowl Ring on SA Living  (WOAI-4)
L-R: Judge Peter Sakai, Judge Bill Donovan & Judge Steve Walker on KTSA Radio, with Tommy Calvert, with blogger Joe Solis, speaking @ Career Day in an elementary school
 
A heart felt thanks to the consituents of Precinct 2 who elected me four years ago to serve as your Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2. Although I was not re-elected, it is time to move on and accomplish bigger tasks.

I hope I served you well. The truancy program I instituted appears to be working well since I implemented mandated Pubic Library Cards, 2 page Book Reports and required 8-hours of tutoring. Since the student chooses the subject for tutoring, the program is fairing much better than anticipated. The A students are required to tutor the students who don't do as well.

I hope my successor will continue the program and not revert to high fines and many hours of community service that do not work.

For the past two years on the editorial page, La Prensa has published my column, "Ask the Judge" that addressed all aspects of the Justice of the Peace Court from truancy to traffic to small claims and traffic tickets. That is finished.

Beginning next week in the Sunday edition of La Prensa my new column called, "Just a Thought" will take the place of "Ask the Judge." I will address all kinds of issues.

Walker Report will continue on and hopefully soon it will be upgraded to include ads, student journalist articles and much more. Photos will still be the main focus, especially the political photos. Any one who wants to be on Walker Report will have their day. You will still have the opportunity to send your "info" to be posted as in the past.

Again thank you for your support of me as your Judge and for supporting the Walker Report.  Tomorrow I plan to attend as many of the newly elected Judges swearing in ceremeonies and take photos and post them on Walker Report.

Til then...
Judge Steve Walker
Walker Report
& soon to be former Judge

No comments: