View My Stats

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Congressman Cuellar appointed to House Appropriations Comm.

Dear Friends,

I would like to share with you exciting news this week. On Thursday, I was appointed to serve on the powerful House Appropriations Committee. The Committee is in charge of overseeing the Federal budget, reviewing proposed expenditures and crafting the legislation that outlines annual spending for government agencies.

It is an honor to represent the people of my district as the only Texas Democrat to be appointed to the committee in the 113th Congress. This leadership position will allow me to have a stronger voice to advocate in favor of our middle class and small businesses. I will continue my efforts to maintain a balanced budget and to allocate federal funds necessary for my district.

It is my commitment to keep working in a bipartisan matter on the House Appropriations Committee to reduce our nation’s deficit and pass the necessary measures to keep our economy moving forward. I invite you to visit my Facebook page and share with me your budget priorities.

Sincerely,


Congressman Henry Cuellar

No comments: