View My Stats

Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Year's Messsage from Cong. cand. Sylvia Romo


New Year's Day is almost here. I look upon this time as an occasion to reflect on the past year and as an opportunity to look to the future.

These last twelve months have proved challenging for many hard working American families whose incomes have diminished and job opportunities have faded away. We've seen those things that we value and cherish the most, like Social Security and Medicare being threatened and attacked. In addition, Congress has been paralyzed by continued gridlock, as the economy continues to recover very slowly.

I believe we can put our country back on the right track. I believe we can live up to the promises we made to our seniors without sacrificing our children's future. I believe with the right leadership in Washington we can build consensus by finding a middle ground where we can all stay true to our values and beliefs. These are the principles that our great nation was built on, and in this new congressional district, we need to come together, put aside our political differences, and do the work that needs to be done and restore hope in the American Dream.

I really care about America's future and that's why I'm running for Congress. We need Washington to get serious about getting Americans back to work by creating jobs and stimulating economic prosperity.

I'm a fighter who has a proven record of getting things done. I ask that you join me in the fight to restore the American Dream to our District, our State, and our Country.

I'm up for the challenge to change the way things are being done in Congress and ask you to help make this change a reality by giving a contribution today and asking friends and family to do the same.

In this election, the stakes couldn't be higher for all of us. More than ever, we need to end "business as usual" in Congress.

Please consider giving a contribution of $500, $250, $100 or even $50. December 31st is an important fundraising deadline.

Your contribution will make a big difference.

Thank you for your help, I wish you and your family a new year of health, happiness and prosperity in 2012.

Sincerely,
Sylvia Romo

No comments: