View My Stats

Monday, September 26, 2011

State Rep. District 118 announces he is running for re-election




Representative Joe Farias (photo with son, Gabe) Running for Reelection

San Antonio - State Rep. Joe Farias (D - San Antonio) announced on Monday that he plans to run for reelection to the Texas House of Representatives in 2012. The announcement is made to dispel any rumors that he is retiring.

“I am pleased to announce that I will be running for reelection to the 118th House district to represent the people of Bexar County in the Texas House of Representatives."

“The 118th district is comprised of a wonderfully diverse array of communities, from Southern Bexar County to Northeast Bexar County and important centers of education and military like Texas A&M San Antonio and Randolph Air Force Base. I am excited to have the opportunity to once again represent the hardworking people of these wonderful communities."

“Our state faces many challenges today and the people of Southern and Northeastern Bexar County know that we all need to come together to meet them. Right now, I am focused on the job my constituents have elected me to do – like getting our economy fully restarted, improving our children's education opportunities, and protecting veterans and their families."

"I have a record of accomplishment that I believe reflects the common sense values of the people of Bexar County, and I will continue to work hard to meet the needs of my constituents and of all Texans."

For more information, please contact Julianna Gonzaba at 210-831-3214.

No comments: