View My Stats

Friday, August 31, 2007

Symphony & Musicians Union agree on contract


As I was on my way to the Majestic Theatre to join our Sisters and Brothers with the San Antonio Symphony Players Association on their picket line, when I received great news from Emily Watkins.

The AFM Local 23/SASPA and the Symphony Society reached an agreement today! Congratulations to the leadership and their legal council David Van Os. Their contract was to expire at midnight today!

Brian and Emily will be getting back to us with their presentation of what they were able to acquire.

I want to take this time to say “Thank You” to all of you-this was a moving and special assignment and I enjoyed working with the AFM and the members of the San Antonio Symphony Players Association. And the support that was received from our affiliates of the AFL-CIO was a victory won by ALL!

This was a great start to a Labor Day Weekend! May You All enjoy this celebration!

In Solidarity,

Terri Ramos
AFL-CIO Labor Liaison

No comments: