View My Stats

Monday, December 05, 2016

UIW Dean of Alumni Emeritus Dick McCracken passes away

Dick McCracken, November 21st 2008
It is with sadness and profound sorrow that I send this message to let you know our very dear friend, Dr. Richard “Dick” J. McCracken, UIW dean of alumni emeritus, passed away this morning. Dick was recognized at the 2015 Heritage Ceremony for 50 years of service to UIW during which he served in a number of capacities including English professor, director of public relations, and dean of alumni and planned giving. 

He served six presidents during his tenure at the university. In 2005, he was awarded the Doctor of Humane Letters.

Dick would wish me to thank each of you for your friendship, love and many loving kindnesses to him over the years.  We will share details of his final arrangements as soon as they become available. Let us pray for the repose of his soul and God's grace to comfort his family.

Editor's Note: I met Dick McCracken in 1973 when I began my Master's Degree @ UIW. A gracious man until the end. Visited with him over the years. Rest In Peace Dick McCracken.

No comments: