View My Stats

Thursday, September 29, 2016

National Museum of African American History & Culture in D.C.


I was fortunate enough to visit the National Museum of African American History & Culture during its opening weekend. My impression: Fabulous!

There aren’t enough words to describe it, to encompass it, to explain how it permeates the body and the soul. It’s dark and it’s light. It made me laugh at times and brought me to tears shortly thereafter. It’s overwhelming in what it recalls to mind, teaches and promises.

I spent eight hours there on Sunday and barely scratched the s...urface. There’s no question that I’ll return. I can’t not.

I’m no photographer so these pictures aren’t perfect and are a miniscule fraction of what the seven floors of this outstanding collection boasts.
Put “Visit the NMAAHC” on your bucket list. It’s a must-do.

Debs McCrary

No comments: