View My Stats

Monday, February 09, 2015

5th Annual Charity Birthday for Thrive Youth Center, Inc. 2-28

This year is my 5th Annual Charity Birthday For A Cause! Yep, I'm ringing in the big 32.This year is a special and bittersweet year. 5 years ago, our beloved friend Jonathan Vela aka of Aquaman-San Antonio's Amazing Adventures asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday. 

I had no plans and he said, "Everybody has to have a birthday!" and I responded, "But I don't want or need anything." His response: "so donate instead!" The next day we managed to have 25 people show up and donate to a pet rescue. (I forgot the name)

And so began the tradition--each year it gets Bigger & Bigger! Past recipients have been: a pet rescue group, San Antonio AIDS Foundation Hospice program, Children's Hospital and Battered Women's Shelter, Fiesta Youth, and Stand Up for Kids. T

This year, we will be celebrating by collecting items in lieu of gifts for the Thrive Youth Center which will be an LGBT homeless shelter opening up here soon, and Cos 4 A Cause, the Cosplay charity Jonathan co-founded to bring cheer to children in hospice and in the hospital battling illnesses. 

It will be bittersweet because this is the first year he hasn't been here for my birthday, but we will honor our friend by continuing the event he helped me start, 

14530 Roadrunner Way, Feb. 28th, from 6 p.m.-midnight.

Ana Alicia Perez

Cos 4 A Cause needs the following:
Toys * Games * Coloring books * Board Games * crayons

Thrive Youth Center needs the following:
non-perishable food and canned goods* gently used everyday clothes* toiletry items* tooth brushes* tooth paste* feminine hygiene products* toilet paper* floss* bed sheets * pillow cases *bedding* pillows* professional clothing * pajamas* hair brushes*monetary funds

It is a family friendly event as well, there are many food trucks and music and there is also a bar for those that want to partake in that as well. No Excuses, be there.

No comments: