- Election Night Party---Ina Castillo, County Court 5 Judicial Candidate @ the Old Tin Barn, 1405 N. Colorado St. Begins at 7 p.m.
- Congressman Ciro Rodriguez (District 23) invites you to his Election Night Party, Tuesday, March 2nd @ 7 p.m. @ the Harlandale Civic Center, 115 W. Southcross. Food & Refreshments will be provided.
- Election Night Victory Party for Republican Congressional District 23 candidate Dr. Robert Lowry, 8 p.m. - Stonewerks @ The RIM 5807 Worth Pkwy.
- County Court #7 Judge Monica Guerrero Victory Party, Tuesday, March 2nd @ 7 p.m. til midnight @ Ciao Lavanderia, 226 E Olmos Drive.
- Join Gerardo "Gerard "Ponce , candidate for County Judge, & friends for dinner and a campaign watch results $25, after the polls close March 2nd, @ 7:30 p.m. till close at La Terraza Restaraunt, 9425 Fredericksberg Rd. Between Huebner and Wurzbach next to Sonic. Chicken flautas or Grilled Chicken salad with tea.
- Election Night with Judge Karen Crouch @ 2202 S. Flores @ 7:15 p.m., March 2nd.
- Gubernatorial candidate Bill White Election Watch Party from 6:30-10 p.m. @ Buddha Rok, 18360 West Blanco Road.
- Judicial candidate (285th District Court) Rosie Alvarado-election Night Watch Party @ 6 p.m. @ El Torero Restaurant, 3407 S. Presa St.
- Congressional District 23 Democratic candidate Miguel Ortiz Election Watch Party @ Azuca Restaurant, 713 S. Alamo @ 7 p.m.
- Pct. 2 Commissioner Paul Elizondo Victory Party @ his headquarters, 910 Bandera @ 7 p.m.
- Pct. 2 Commissioner candidate Delicia Herrera,-please join us March 2 for our Election Watch Party! @ the Deputy Sheriff's Association Office, 816 Camaron, Suite 214 (Fine Silver Bldg)Tuesday, March 2 @ 7 p.m.
- Bexar County Democratic Party Chair candidate Choco Meza Election Watch Party @ Absolutely Everything Catering, 3915 San Pedro Ave. @ 7 p.m.
- Lt. Guv. Democratic candidate Linda Chavez-Thompson Election Watch Party @ Granada Homes, 311 S. St. Mary's from 7:30 -10 p.m. on the Mezzanine Level.
- GOP Election Night Watch Party with the Young Republicans @ MoMak's, 13838 Jones Maltsberger @ 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 2nd. This venue will be the election night headquarters for **Congressman Lamar Smith** and **Senator Jeff Wentworth** along with many other Bexar County Candidates & Officials. Also, this event will serve as the Bexar County location for the *Governor Rick Perry, *Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson and *Debra Medina campaigns.
- Judicial candidate (285th District Court) Paul Talamantez Election Watch Party,@ 7 p.m. @ Cattleman's Square, 915 W. Houston, at the corner of Houston and Frio St.
- County Court #5 Judge Linda Penn's Election Watch Party Watch Party begining at 7 p.m. @ Tommy Moore's Cafe at 915 Hackberry.
- State Rep. District 122 Democratic candidate Dr. Masarrat Ali Election Night Results Watch Party @ Gymkhana, 21750 Hardy Oak, Tuesday, March 2nd at 7:30 p.m.
- State Rep. Dist. 122 Republican candidate Lyle Larson Election Watch Party @ La Hacienda de los Barrios at 18747 Redland Road @ 7 p.m.
- Pct. 4 Commissoner Tommy Adkisson Election Watch Party-Tuesday, March 2nd from 6-10 p.m. @ Campaign Office, 2823 East Southcross.
- Congressional District 23 Republican candidate Francisco "Quico" Canseco-Election Watch Party @ El Taco Tote, 9502 W. Interstate 10. It starts after 7p.m.
- Judicial candidate Paul Vasquez-Election Watch Party @West Avenue Panchito’s Mexican Restaurant at 12403 West Avenue at 7 p.m.
- Judge Phil Kazen Election Watch Party @ Tomatillos Restaurant on Broadway @ 7 .m.
- Judicial candidate Norma Gonzalez (290th District Court) Election Watch Party @ VFW #76 on Tenth Street off broadway @ 7 p.m.
- Judge Michael Mery Election Watch party @ Babe's Old Fashioned Hamburgers on Fredericksburg Road in Balcones Heights @ 7 p.m.
- Candidates, send the Walker Report your election night information to post on this list. There is still time to do so. Walker Report will post up to the last minute all known Election Watch Parties. We update every hour if possible.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Posted by Robert Castaneda at Saturday, February 27, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
Food & Refreshments will be provided.
Francis Bok (photo) Escaped Slave From Sudan @ Sam Houston High School to be featured speaker for Black History program, Friday February 26th at 6:30 pm in the auditorium.
Our very own student Shatia Bartlett has had a dream of bringing Mr. Bok back to San Antonio to share his heart gripping story of terror of the slave raid, his ten nightmarish years in bondage, and his journey to freedom in America. Shatia has beaten the obstacles against her and has achieved one of her dreams. Thanks to her determination Sam Houston High School will have a phenomenal Black History Program.
Other Fantastic Highlights include:
Sam Houston Bijuberti, Billy Taylor & Weapons of Worship, Sons on a Mission Band & our Esteemed Councilwoman Ivy Taylor & More
Cong. Dist. 23 candidate
Election day is only 4 days away and every second that ticks is critical to our success. Volunteers are always needed to phone bank and work poll sites on election day March 2nd.
If you have any time you would like to dedicate to our campaign on March 2nd please contact us at (210) 818-6733.
Thank you for your support throughout this process, and don't forget to vote if you haven't already!
Deborah Sandheinrich for County Judge #7 @ JD and Victor's Hair Studio , 2935 W. Commerce @ 6 p.m., February 26th.
We will be serving: Pork Loin- Chicken Alfredo- Deli sandwiches- Cookies- Apple Martini's - Wine- Soda. Music provided by "Strobe"Door Prizes will be given out.
Join this Movement
Master Make-up Artist Carrie von Loudon is nationally renowned for her work in the television and print industries having created key looks and fashion spreads since her start in 1986.
Also attending well known:Marco Cruz Singer/Dancer/Actor/Print Model/Editorial Model/TV Personality . Guest Celebrity: Kandi Garcia KEDA Radio
After a month on the bench, and knee-deep in my second jury trial, I am excited to return my focus to my bid to stay in office and I am proud to announce my next Fundraiser-which just so happens to coincide with a Big Birthday!!
Click here to purchase your ticket or become a sponsor online; it's quick, secure and easy to do.
$50 Daddy-Os (individual ticket)
$250 Hound Dogs
$500 Sock Hoppers
Pol Adv. Paid for by the Campaign to Keep Judge Renée McElhaney
Lionel Sosa, Treasurer, P.O. Box 15438 San Antonio, Texas 78212
Hello again Julie "Mama Bexar",
Thank you for coordinating your recent blood drive with the Armed Services Blood Program. It was a resounding success thanks to all of your hard work as Site Coordinator.
The efforts of SATX Republican Party have always been greatly appreciated and your support of the ASBP will go a long way toward replenishing blood supplies and ultimately saving lives in theater and across the military community. In addition, we very much appreciate your efforts during this crucial time, when many Warriors are deferred from donating due to service overseas.
We truly appreciate all the hard work that goes into each drive. Thank you again for helping the Armed Services Blood Program and our deployed troops.
ASBP Blood Donor Recruiter
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Rhett Smith (photo)
A Gubernatorial debate for all ten primary (3 Republican & 7 Democratic) candidates & congressional candidates (18 in Bexar County) will be held @ San Antonio College, 1300 San Pedro Ave., @ the Longwith Radio-Television-Film Building (building located on Courtland at Howard, just west of N. Main Ave.) from 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday, February 25th.
Congressional candidates forum from 5-7 p.m.
Gubernatorial forum from 7-8:30 p.m.
A Saturday Forum for all 200+ Bexar county candidates.
Bexar County Democratic Party, 1923 Culebra #C900
Republican Party of Bexar County, N.E.LOOP 410, #D-105
P.O. Box 15943
These forums are sponsored by Veterans For Peace-Local 126 (BeEthical@yahoo.com)
& Veterans for Immigration Reform (firstname.lastname@example.org)
which thanks San Antonio College for making space available as a community service.
Contact: Rhett Smith, email@example.com
210.300.4750, or Greg Harman, San Antonio Current (210) 388.0630,
Hello my fellow Texan, Please vote and to let your family, friends and neighbors know that Dr. Lowry needs their vote. If you want a U.S. Congressman who will uphold his oath to the Constitution and will not compromise his principles then Dr. Lowry is your candidate.
Please visit www.DrLowryForCongress.com for campaign updates. ©2010 Dr Lowry Election Committee P.O. Box 241150 San Antonio,Tx 78224
Victory Party, Tuesday, March 2nd @ 7 p.m. til midnight @ Ciao Lavanderia, 226 E Olmos Drive.
Dear Family and Friends,
I am extending an invitation to each and everyone of you to come out and celebrate all of our hard work during this campaign season. Come and show your support, and we hope to see you there!
Judge Monica E. Guerrero
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
The reason sited most has been the national media attention caused by the controversial interview between Debra Medina & Glenn Beck. Many members of these organizations have voiced concern over having a Nationally known political commentator from New York insert himself into Texas politics. It was from that concern that inviting Glenn Beck to be a participant was born.
This will give Texans a chance in a moderated and fair forum to hear both sides of the issues. Decision For Texans Committee is solely responsible for the structure and content of the debate. The committee's only function is to setup a fair debate for the participants.Young Americans for Liberty UTSA is the host for the location of the debate at University of Texas at San Antonio.
In the Retama Auditorium on campus, panel members and moderator to be announced soon.
We have a venue UTSA, a date & time, March 1, 7 p.m. now all we need is the three top candidates to come. Invitations to all candidates have been sent. Glenn Beck has been invited to participate for the reasons stated above.
The criteria is that all three candidates must agree to participate for the debate to take place on March 1st. Glenn Beck's participation is not required but has been requested. You can join the other sponsors and help make this debate a reality. Please show your support for this debate by choosing to "attend" it's not about actually attending it's voting in support of a third debate.
Kay Baily Hutchinson
After months of hard work calling voters and knocking on doors we are in a very tight campaign to win our primary on Election Day, but we need your help to get over the finish line. We need to knock on a few more doors and make a few more calls to be victorious on Election Day. If you have a few spare moments this weekend and can help us please let us know.
Additionally if you live in the 23rd make sure you get out and vote early. Early voting is open until Friday and will save you time on Election Day.
If you can spare a few moments to volunteer your time please give me or our office a call, or simply reply to this email and let us know we can count on your support this weekend. You can reach me at 210-861-8626 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, February 27th from 1-4 p.m. @ the Bill White Campaign HQ., 7122 N. San Pedro Ave.
Join State Senator Carlos Uresti, State Representative Joaquin Castro, State Representative Jose Menendez, and County Commissioner Tommy Adkisson this Saturday, February 27th, at 1 p.m. as they walk the streets of San Antonio to support Bill White for Texas.
These leaders are showing their support for Bill White as we work to make Bill our next Texas Governor. We will be meeting at 7122 San Pedro Ave (located behind Ocean Dental) and look forward to seeing you there.
Thank you for your friendship and support.
Thursday, February 25th, 7-9 p.m.
"We're throwing a party for Will Hurd to celebrate his success on the District 23 campaign trail thus far. This is a great opportunity to get to know Will, and find out about how you can help him make a difference. Tell your friends!
IVY Rooftop bar is on the access road of 1604 near Lockhill Selma in "The Ridge" shopping center. It's on the 2nd floor and has an indoor and outdoor area so you can party on the rooftop! The entrance is around the back, so come on in."
- February 24th- Judge Rose Vela for Texas Supreme Court Justice, Place 9, Meet & Greet Reception. 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at Paesano’s Lincoln Heights Restaurant, 555 E. Basse Road, Casual attire. Donations (optional) may be made to Bexar County Republican Party. Contact for reservations: Dana Benoit at 281-733-0505 or email@example.com.
- February 25th - Cathy Stryker for 224th District Judge Fundraiser Reception 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. at Paesano’s Lincoln Heights Restaurant, 555 E. Basse Rd. Contact for reservations: Melynda Gulley at 210-828-9162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 25th-Rooftop Rally for Will Hurd Thursday, from 7-9 p.m. IVY Rooftop bar is on the access road of 1604 near Lockhill Selma in "The Ridge" shopping center. It's on the 2nd floor and has an indoor and outdoor area so you can party on the rooftop! The entrance is around the back, so come on in."
- February 26th - Early Voting Ends. Last day to Vote Early by Personal Appearance for the March 2nd, Republican Party Primary Election, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Contact the Bexar County Elections Department for information at 210-335-VOTE (8683) or www.bexar.org/elections/.
- February 26th - Bexar County Republican Women Membership Recruitment Brunch, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. 2 The Magic Time Machine, 902 NE Loop 410 at the Broadway exi. Guest of Honor: Texas Agriculture Commissioner Todd Staples and Introduced by Bexar County Criminal District Attorney Susan D. Reed. Meet the Republican Primary Candidates. Contact for questions about membership to the Membership Chairwoman Jackie Jackson at 210-530-8636 or email@example.com. Contact for information and reservations: Carol Kraft at 210-492-2176 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a FREE event and is open to the public. Men are welcome. Reservations are not required.
- Saturday, February 27th - Northwest Republican Club Meeting @ 11 a.m.@ Buffalo's Southwest Café, 11812 Bandera Road, Helotes. Guest Speaker: Marian K. Stanko, Executive Director of Republican Party of Bexar County and Committeewoman on State Republican Executive Committee. Contact for reservations: Dominick Dina at 210-273-9082 or email@example.com.
- March 2nd - Election Day
7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Republican General Primary Election. Contact the Bexar County Elections Department for information at 210-335-VOTE(8683) or www.bexar.org/elections/. For information, contact the Republican Party of Bexar County at 210-824-9445 or http://www.bexargop.org/.
- March 2nd - Republican Party Precinct Conventions
Meetings will convene after the polls close at 7:30 p.m. or after the last voter has voted at the voting location of the Republican voter. Anyone who voted in the Republican Primary is qualified to attend their precinct's meeting. For further information, contact: Republican Party of Bexar County Headquarters at 210-824-9445 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Addresses and maps of the polling locations can be found at www.bexar.org/elections on the link to Jurisdiction_Helper or Where_I_Vote.
Our HMP Mixer will be tomorrow, Thursday, February 25th @ the Four Points Sheraton at 5:30 to 8 p.m. Free appetizers. Bring plenty of business cards. See you tomorrow.
Hispanic Medical Professionals
Chicken flautas or Grilled Chicken salad with tea.
Thank you in advance, Gerardo "Gerard" Ponce.
If you are interested in being a part of the group of women who are making this march happen, then please come to the Esperanza Peace and Justice Center this Saturday, February 27th at 10am for our next meeting.
We are looking for volunteers who are interested in signing up for active volunteering roles on the day of the march. We need as many people as possible, so please bring your family and friends!
We need people to assist in the set up/tear-down of equipment, peacekeepers to insure everything runs smoothly, photographers/videographers etc! We are also still looking for people to get actively involved with outreach and pass out flyers/buttons/put up posters advertising the march.
Again, if you want to get involved come to....The Esperanza Peace and Justice Center, 922 San Pedro Ave, this Saturday, February 27th @ 10 a.m.
Thank you for your help and support and let's make this upcoming march the best one yet! And if you are unable to make it, please pass this message on to someone you know who may be interested in getting involved.
Girls Inc. SA Office, 1209 S. St. Mary's, Saturday, March 20th from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
(Noon-1 p.m. Lunch on Your Own) HIV & Drug Abuse Workshop.
Girls Ages 10-14 & Parents/Guardians
Contact Zelina Cruz @ 210.212.2517 to Register!
Justice Rose Vela (photo)
Join NHPO San Antonio in partnership with the Irish Cultural Society of San Antonio in an early celebration of St. Patrick's Day!
NHPO San Antonio March Business Mixer, Thursday, March 4th @ Pat O'Brien's, 121 Alamo Plaza (210) 220-1076.
Special Guest: Alberto Alegre - KSAH Radio DJ
"Spanish Format Personality of the Year"
Admission: $5 Free for NHPO Members
Renew your membership for $25 Today!
For more info: "Mixin' Mateo" Paniagua 210-392-8650, JoAnn "JoJo" Emerson
Monday, February 22, 2010
Posted by Linda Walker at Monday, February 22, 2010