Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
You are invited to our November 2009 breakfast: Speakers:Renee Watson, SMWBE Program Manager & Dan Barrett, Conference Chairman. Introductions by Walker Report Publisher/Editor & Judge Steve Walker.
Bexar County & University Health System 9th Annual, Small, Minority, Women & Veteran Business Owners Conference, November 30th (Monday)
Location: Orderup, The Colonnade, 9873 IH- 10 W, 78230, (Behind the Texas MedClinic)
7:30 a.m. - 8 a.m.- Reception
8 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.- Program
Cost: FREE, On your own: "For breakfast we have locally roasted, Mexican Altura coffee, made from scratch sweet rolls, made to order breakfast tacos, breakfast pizza, and breakfast burgers, and fruit cups with fresh strawberries and blueberries."-
Orderup Event Sponsors: Orderup and Luxor Insurance Services. Media Sponsor: Walker Report/Publisher/Editor Steve Walker.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Jason Pulliam (photo)
Candidate for Bexar County Couty at Law No. 5.
Jason Pulliam is the Republican candidate for Bexar County Court at Law No. 5. Jason is a civil litigation attorney with San Antonio law firm Ford Massey, P.C. He represents and defends clients in matters involving business and commercial disputes, contract disputes, business torts, and insurance defense.
Jason has successfully tried cases to a jury verdict. Before joining Ford & Massey, P.C, Jason served as a Judge Advocate in the United States Marine Corps. As a Marine Judge Advocate, Jason represented Marines and Sailors in criminal trials and administrative panels. In addition, he consulted and provided advice on a variety of civil matters.
Jason was recognized as a "Rising Star" by Scene in SA magazine in 2008 and as a "Texas Rising Star" by Law & Politics magazine in 2009. He earned the Eastern Region Defense Counsel of the Year Award in 2002 as the top rated criminal defense lawyer in the Marine Corps.
Jason earned a J.D. from Texas Southern University - Thurgood Marshall School of Law in 2000, after obtaining a B.A. and M.A. in Political Science from Brooklyn College. He graduated cum laude from each institution.
To find out what you can do to help elect Jason, please contact him by phone at 210.731.6388 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Let's get behind Jason to help him become the next County Court at Law Judge.
Ray LaHood in San Antonio for roundtable
Congressman Ciro D. Rodriguez (TX-23) will welcome the U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood to San Antonio for a transportation roundtable with local officials Monday, November 30th @ 3 p.m. @ Port San Antonio.
Congressman Charlie Gonzalez, Congressman Henry Cuellar, Mayor Julián Castro, Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff and representatives from VIA Metropolitan Transit, the San Antonio-Bexar County Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Port San Antonio will join Secretary LaHood and Congressman Rodriguez for a meeting to discuss local transportation issues.
The roundtable is open to the press and will be followed by press Q&A from 4:15 to 4:25 p.m.
- December 2nd-Wednesday, - Hon. Richard Price for 224th District Judge Campaign Kickoff Fundraiser Reception, 5:30 - 7 p.m. at the home of Susan & Stephen Butt.
- December 2nd-Councilman Justin Rodriguez Christmas Party, @ St. Luke's Cathloic Church, 4603 Manitou @ Callaghan @ 6:30 p.m. (Bring one new toy)
- December 2nd-Tina Torres for 288th District Court Fundraiser, from 5:30 p.m. -8:30 p.m. Casa Navarro, 228 S Laredo. Please RSVP to email@example.com.
- December 3rd-Thursday, John Fleming is running as a Republican for County Court at Law #1. He is having a petiton signing party at 5 p.m. @ the Cadillac Bar, 212 S. Flores. RSVP John at (210) 861-7881 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org .
- December 3rd-Network Build Your Business, Thursday, from 7:30-9 a.m. @ Aldaco's Sunset Station.
- December 3rd-4th Court of Appeals Justice candidate Rebeca Martinez will host a Wine & Cheese Reception, Thursday, December 3rd @ 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. @ the Plaza Club, Frost Bank Tower, downtown.
- December 3rd-Judge Ernest Acevedo, Jr. County Court #14 campaign kickoff @ Absolutely Everything Catering, 3915 San Pedro from 5:30 - 8 p.m.Thursday.
- December 3rd-Thursday, - 4th Court of Appeals Justice Marialyn Barnard Fundraising Reception 5-6:30 p.m. @ El Mirador, 732 South Saint Mary's Street. (The King William Garden House) For information & reservations, contact Janelle McArthur at 210-699-1925.
- December-3rd-Tamale Art Auction! Featuring a silent auction of original works of art by local and celebrity artists using corn husks! $20 at the door, proceeds benefit The Children's Shelter! 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Celebrity judges include, Eileen Teves, Elaine Ayala, Cleto! Hosted by Ara Celi! Live music by Leslie Lugo!
- December 4th-Senator Carlos Uresti's 13th Annual Christmas Party and Toy Drive, from 6 p.m.-11 p.m. 650 VFW Blvd.
- December 5th-Ina Castillo, Fundraiser @ the Home of Michelle Solis, 14 Three Lake Drive, 78248, Saturday, December 5th from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. More info call: 313-1509.
- December 5th-SAAPAC Holiday Party-Celebrate our first Anniversary of our Gift to You" on Saturday, December 5th @ 5 p.m.-8 p.m. @ 7122 San Pedro, Ste 114, 78216.
- December 5th-Family Holiday Celebration, Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. @ Institue of Texan Cultures
- December 6th-Jazz with the Judge, (Al Alonso) December 6th, 228 W. Agarita from 4-6:30 p.m. featuring George Prado & the Regency Jazz Trio.
- December 7th-Bexar County Democratic Women @ 6:30 p.m.SAAPAC office, 7122 San Pedro www.tdw.org/bexarcounty.
- December 7th-Monday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. @ Patt Lou's Restaurant @ Olmos Bharmacy, 3902 McCollough to honor Dr. Robert Trevino for work thru the Bienstar/NEEMa Diabetes Preventkion Health Center.
- December 8th-Tuesday, Republican Party of Bexar County Biennial Hall of Fame Dinner @ 5:30 p.m. at San Antonio Country Club, 4100 N. New Braunfels Avenue, 78209. Honoring Republican activists. For information about sponsorship levels and table reservations, contact GOP headquarters at 210-824-9445 or email@example.com
- December 8th-Tuesday,- Alamo Pachyderm Club Meeting, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. at The Palm Restaurant, 233 East Houston Street, San Antonio TX 78205. Guest Speaker: Sherry Sylvester, Texans for Lawsuit Reform. Valet parking is available. For further information and reservations, contact: Larry Loveall at 210-492-1294 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 8th-550 KTSA Talk Show Host Jack Riccardi hosts his annual "Wrappin with Jack" @ Northside Ford on 281 from 7-9 p.m. Bring an unwrapped Christmas toy to Northside Ford for wrapping by Jack's wrappers.
- December 9th-Bexar County & University Health System, 9th Annual Small, Minority,Women & Veteran Business Owners Conference, Wednesday, December 9th, Freeman Coliseum, 3201 E. Houston St. 78219.
- December 8th-Farouk Shami for Governor, campaign headquarters, 3714 NW Loop 410, @ Fredericksburgh Rd. by Fedex Kinkos opening at noon. First reception at noon. Farouk speaking at 12:30. Appetizers will be served from noon-2 p.m. & again at evening reception from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. For further information, please contact Gerard Ponce @ email@example.com.
- December 9th-Congressman Ciro Rodriguez Birthday Bash, 6 p.m. @ El Tropicano Hotel, Featuring County Judge Nelson Wolff & Honorable Phil Hardberger.
- December 9th-Judicial candidate Sylvia Lopez event, American Legion, Post 3992628 W. Southcross, 78211 Wednesday from 6-9 p.m. (210) 225-5511.
- December 10th-Christmas Dinner hosted by State Rep. Joe Farias, from 6 p.m.-9 p.m., VFW #9186, 650 VFW Blvd.
- December 10th-Majella, San Antonio Benefit Dinner, Thursday, December 10th @ 7 p.m., Grand Hyatt San Antonio, 600 E. Market St. Guest Speaker Actress Kathy Ireland.
- December 10th-Dr Masarrat Ali for State Rep. District 122 fundraiser,6-8 p.m. 2318 N Loop 1604 W, @ Amorcito’s Mexican Cocina Y Cantina,1604 Access Road, between Huebner and Bitters, Please RSVP: Jonathan@alifortexas.com
- December 13th-"Miss San Antonio American Beauty Pageant" Sunday, @ 6 p.m. @Our Lady of The Lake.
- December 13th-The Mystic Knights Low Rider Club & Motorcycle Club are having their 5th Annual Santa's Cruisers Foundation Toy & Clothing drive! Jaime P. Martinez and the Mystic Knights are joining together in giving out clothes and toys to the less fortunate families. Please bring your children and invite your friends, neighbors and relatives.
Sunday: Dec. 13th from 5-6:30 p.m. @ Cesar Chavez Learning Center, 1504 Commerce & Hackberry, 78205.
- December 15th-BCDP Pot-Luck Holiday Party @ 7:30 p.m., 8925 I-10 West.Following the special CEC meeting, we will have a Holiday Party.Firefighters Hall 8925 I-10 West, between Callaghan and Wurzbach.
- December 17th-Art in the Chamber, from 5:30-7:30 @ the Greater Chamber.
- December 18th-The investiture of Lori I. Valenzuela as the Judge of the 437th Judicial District Court will be @ 3 p.m. in the Central Grand Jury Room, Cadena-Reeves Justice Center.
- December 19th-“A Brotherhood of Forces" Honoring Veterans Past and Present Benefit Barbecue, Car Show, Hot Rod Club, Blessing of the Bikes & Live Music, December 19th @ VFW Post #76, Broadway & 10th Street from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- December 19th-Christmas Friendraiser for Richard Garcia for Judge CC#12 @ 7 p.m., 114 E. King's Hwy. Bring unwrapped children's toy for "Elf Louise."
Bexar County Sheriff
“A Brotherhood of Forces" Honoring Veterans Past and Present Benefit Barbecue, Car Show, Hot Rod Club, Blessing of the Bikes & Live Music, December 19th @ VFW Post #76, Broadway & 10th Street from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Contact: Charles (Charlie) Cervantes, Public Relations Specialist, Bexar County Sheriffs Office 394-6315.Sponsors: The Bexar County Sheriffs Office, Hope4heroes, San Antonio Coalition For Veteran’s, P.E.T.
Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz has taken a personal interest in the continued success of the charitable organization, Hope4hereos. Veterans founded this agency in order to support veterans and their families in areas such as outreach, education, emergency aid, scholarships and other area programs. People and business community members of San Antonio, Texas are the sole support of the Hope4heroes organization.
Sheriff Ortiz believes that his job as sheriff for the people of Bexar County does not end there and therefore he is dedicated to continuing his involvement within the San Antonio community.
For more information on Hope4heroes, please visit their website: hope4heroes.org.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Posted by Joe Solis at Thursday, November 26, 2009